Degree Works

DEGREE WORKS is a web-based degree audit designed to assist students and advising staff with monitoring a student’s academic progress toward degree completion.
It can be used as a checklist to plan and track your progress.  The degree audit does not replace academic advising, it is a supplement that helps determine course selections and confirm graduation requirements.

How do I access Degree Works?

Login to your T-BirdWeb Portal, Select Self-Service Banner 9, and under your Student Services tab select Degree Works. Make sure the pop-up blockers are turned off in your internet browser or try a different web browser. Contact 十大正规网赌软件 Help Desk if you still have trouble accessing Degree Works.

How is this degree audit different from a transcript?

The Degree Works audit is an unofficial document. It is a tool that provides academic information related to your degree progress and can help you plan your academic schedule.  Your degree audit is not your official academic transcript.

Can I register for classes in Degree Works?

No. Degree Works is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in academic history. Registration will continue to be handled through Student Services Banner 9.

Who has access to Degree Works?

Degree Works is available to all freshman and transfer students. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff will also have access for the purpose of supporting your progress through your academic career.


Degree Works FAQ's

Click on each question to open and close it.


There could be several reasons. One is that Degree Works may not have refreshed since a change was made (the information is refreshed nightly).

Second, there could be some paperwork that still needs to be completed. For example, if you have completed transfer courses, it is possible that the university has not received an official transcript or the coursework is pending a departmental review. Check with an academic advisor and/or 十大正规网赌软件 Help Desk if your transcript or audit does not reflect transfer work you have completed.

You should meet with your academic advisor to clarify the error and review your program requirements and completed coursework listed on your degree audit. Your academic advisor will make any necessary corrections, possibly in consultation with the Registrar’s Office.

There are multiple reasons for this.

You are either a non-degree seeking students, in which case you have no major and therefore no degree plan can be made available for you.

OR your degree catalog term is older than 2019. You will need to speak with an advisor about your major and find out if you need to be updated.

If you have any questions about your student record, coursework, or the Degree Works program, contact 十大正规网赌软件 Help Desk.
If a course waiver or substitution is approved by the Dean, they will record the exception. The completed course will fulfill the requirement, and an additional note will appear on the audit that explains why the exception was allowed.
Yes. Once the official documentation is received and processed by the Testing Center, the Registrar's office will post the credit to your record and will appear on your degree audit.

Electives: Courses that are counting as additional electives toward your degree. Courses here are above the minimum requirements of your specific program.

Not Counted: Coursework that do not apply toward earning your degree.

Insufficient: Courses that do not qualify for meeting degree requirements. Either because of insufficient grade or they are transitional courses.

In-Progress: A list of any courses currently being taken or that the student is pre-registered for. These courses will also be listed in other blocks (sections) throughout the audit.

If you have not officially declared a concentration/major, it will not appear on your degree audit. You can fill out a major change form to declare your concentration/major. 

If you have officially declared your major/concentration and they are still not appearing correctly, contact the 十大正规网赌软件 Help Desk.

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Degree Works following the nightly refresh.

Grades are viewable in Canvas once posted by an instructor, however final grades are not available in Degree Works until after the final grading period has ended. In-progress courses are listed in Degree Works with a grade of “IP".

Yes. Click on the desired course on the audit and a portion of the catalog will open up with the course description, credits, prerequisites and co-requisites (if they are required). Hovering over the course will display the title and credits of the course. Any class with a clipboard check mark ( Pre-requisite) has a prerequisite.
Not necessarily. If you have applied to graduate, the Registrar's Office will perform a preliminary audit of your coursework prior to the add/drop period of your final semester and a final audit after all final grades have been submitted to determine if you are eligible to graduate. Missing requirements will be communicated to you via your 十大正规网赌软件 email.
The top of the degree block displays your overall GPA.


The What-If function allows you to explore different majors. The What-If audit will show you what coursework is required for a different major, what courses you have taken that satisfy these new requirements, and what courses would still be left for you to take.
Always speak with your advisor first. After consulting with your advisor, you may change your academic program using the Change of Major link on the Student Records webpage.

Follow these steps to view how courses count in a different major:

1.      Select the What-If link located between the student header and the progress indicator gages
2.      Select the program(s) you are considering
3.      If applicable, you will need to select a concentration
4.      If desired, you can add future courses you are considering
5.      Select Process What-If
6.      Review how your existing and future courses would be applied to this new major
7.      Discuss this new major with your academic advisor
Back to topBack to the Top

Student Planner

The Student Educational Planner (SEP) is a tool for you to arrange course requirements into future semester blocks. You and your advisor may find this helpful as you forecast your academic career. You can create an active plan and keep it up-to-date, as university administrators can use this information to determine the demand for various courses each term.

By a split screen, the Planner allows you to drag and drop courses from your audit into future semester blocks. You can also type courses directly into the planner boxes. You must enter the course as it is labeled in the catalog (e.g., EN 1110, not English 1110).
No, the Planner is only intended for future classes, not classes which you’ve completed or in which you’re currently enrolled. You can use the Planner to map out as much or as little of your degree plan as you’d like.
Yes. However, only one plan is kept as active. You should mark the plan that you expect to follow as your active plan. As this information may be used by university administrators to determine the demand for various courses each term.
That’s supposed to happen. Your audit shows you the courses you have already completed or are registered in. Your planned courses will only appear when you are in the Planner section of Degree Works, after you have generated a worksheet using the “Process New” button.
Yes. Your plans can be saved and advisor can see your plan(s) and participate with you in the planning process. There is a Notes feature, as well, for you and your advisor to keep additional information. Your advisor may choose to lock your plan after discussing it with you. Once your plan is locked, you will need to return to your advisor to make any additional changes.
No. Your planner is for planning purposes only. You will continue to register through the T-BirdWeb Portal, on your Student Self-Service Banner 9.
No. Your planner is for planning purposes only. Final course schedules are available to students online shortly before registration. If you discover that a course you had planned is not being offered, you should identify an alternative course and move the original course, if still needed, to a future term.


Help Desk
(575) 492-2577

Joseph Flotte

(575) 492-2573
Wendy DeLeon
Associate Registrar
(575) 492-2578

Elizabeth Aranda

Registrar Assistant
(575) 492-2572

SBU video: